Asexuality is definitely something that exists, and I am in no way denying that.
However, I feel like it’s becoming the next big trend among teens/20-somethings on Tumblr. It almost seems like an indirect way of saying that they think they’re better than everyone else, what with their “Oh look at me I am SO much more civilized then the other pigs my age who are so just want to rub their genitals against each other and do drugs. I am an intellectual and I love to drink tea and have intelligent conversation!” way of carrying themselves.
i actually know a girl like this and she pisses me off
…do other asexuals do this? i’ve never personally witnessed something like this but. hhh, wow a lot of this is really upsetting and kind of makes me feel like a pile of dung, so, first of all, thank you for considering other peoples feelings, and second of all… i still hate when people generalize. this is the first time it’s personally affected me but seriously instead of making it about asexuality and saying “they” we could make people that don’t do this feel so much better just by changing “they” to “the trend followers” or even like “fakers”??
i don’t know i feel like real asexuals wouldn’t feel like they’re better than other people for not wanting to have sex, but then again, it is tumblr, and i’m the only asexual i’ve ever met myself.
oh my god no i’m sorry i don’t mean it’s all of them OTL in fact the girl in question is the only person i’ve met who is like that.
while asexuality def exists and i know quite a few people also having it, in regards to the girl i know, she calls herself asexual and seems actually genuinely repulsed by even the mention of anything romantic or sexual. she doesn’t like river song from doctor who because she kissed the doctor, and almost dropped out of the play we were doing at drama club because some people kissed. it wasn’t even her. just other people.
i’m sure that’s not typical of asexuals, though. maybe she’s just an asshole.
yeah, i mean, i guess this is more directed at OP than you, dude. you specified one specific person. OP brutally generalized and just provied that “it seems like” not even that the asexuals they’ve met actually /act/ like that and it’s just… vomit inducing.
i would never, ever, wish asexuality on anyone. it sucks. people tell you you’ll grow out of it and want kids eventually (i’m 20, they’re starting to let up on that now) my mom guilts me over no grandkids and tells me about how no one will ever love or want to marry me if i won’t put out. (asexual =/= aromantic, i still feel romantic attraction to guys) it sucks majorly and OP is just… ugh.
they seem to be talking more about aromantic asexuals than asexuals in general too, and don’t even bother mentioning that. they just totally disregard that asexuals can still feel romantic attraction
there is also the fact that there are asexuals with a libido as well
Hey hey hey guys the WeLoveFine Bleach contest is up for ratings and that means my designs are up for vote!
Please click the abouve link to vote 5 on the Rukia design, and on the other two:
If you know me you know how big of a deal Bleach and Kubo-sensei’s work has meant to me, and yes, I still read it weekly, and yes, I still fangirl.
There’s a lot of really good entries so every vote really does count! To try to encourage everyone to reblog this and vote, everyone who reblogs AND likes this entry by the time the voting ends (even if I don’t win) will be entered into a drawing for a free set of all my Bleach prints I have in stock. Free, just for sharing this and signal boosting!
And if I do somehow miraculously win, you bag a free copy of the shirt too! Bang. Just for signal boosting. Of course, you gotta vote for me to win anything tho, so please don’t forget to click those links and push those big ‘ol 5 boxes!
Why feeding water birds bread is harmful:
- Duckling Malnutrition: In an area where ducks are regularly fed bread, ducklings will not receive adequate nutrition for proper growth and development. Furthermore, because ducks will naturally seek out an easy food source such as human handouts, ducklings will not learn to forage for natural foods as easily.
- Overcrowding: Where an easy food source is abundant, ducks and other waterfowl will lay more eggs and the pond or lake will become overcrowded. This makes it more difficult for the birds to seek out healthier food sources and increases the likelihood of territorial aggression.
- Pollution: When too much bread is offered to ducks, not all of it will be eaten. The soggy, uneaten bread is unsightly and rotting bread can create noxious odors as well as lead to greater algae growth that can clog natural waterways. This concentrates the pollution and can eventually eradicate fish and other life in the vicinity.
- Diseases: Feeding ducks bread can increase the spread of diseases in two ways. First, a carbohydrate-rich diet leads to greater defecation, and bird feces easily harbor bacteria responsible for numerous diseases, including avian botulism. Second, moldy bread can cause aspergillosis, a fatal lung infection that can decimate entire duck and waterfowl flocks.
- Pest Attraction: Rotting supplies of food leftover from sated ducks will attract other unwelcome pests such as rats, mice and insects. These pests can also harbor additional diseases that can be dangerous to humans.
- Loss of Natural Behaviour: When birds become accustomed to handouts, they lose their natural fear of humans and may become aggressive in order to get more food. Their loss of fear can also cause other dangers, such as a willingness to cross busy roads in order to reach picnickers and other likely sources of food.
Good Foods to Feed Ducks:
The best foods for ducks are those that provide the nutrients, minerals and vitamins the birds need for healthy growth and development. Many of these foods are similar to the natural seeds, grains and plants the birds will forage on their own. As omnivorous birds, ducks will eat a great deal of different foods, and the best foods to offer ducks include:
- Cracked corn
- Wheat, barley or similar grains
- Oats (uncooked; rolled or quick)
- Rice (cooked or uncooked)
- Birdseed (any type or mix)
- Grapes (cut in half)
- Frozen peas or corn (defrosted, no need to cook)
- Mealworms (fresh or dried)
- Chopped lettuce or other greens or salad mixes
- Vegetable trimmings or peels (chopped)
- Duck feed pellets or poultry starter pellets (x)
Every year I will reblog some kind of reminder of this! Please don’t feed waterfowl bread.
“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”
― Oscar Wilde
“In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.”
― Mortimer J. Adler